Saturday, December 29, 2007

Twelve Prayers for Christmas

I received this lovely prayer from my Spiritual Companion and wanted to share it with everyone.

Twelve Prayers of Christmas
adapted from a poem by Brian Morgan

On the First Day of Christmas 

I pray for you joy in abundance, lots of laughter to make the spirit soar.


On the Second Day of Christmas

I pray for you a sigh when you need one, for a sigh clears the heart as a cough clears the throat. With a sigh comes acceptance of what we cannot change.


On the Third Day of Christmas

I pray for you tears when you need them, for tears clear the eyes to see the stars and cleanse the soul to let healing begin.


On the Fourth Day of Christmas

I pray for you serenity, a state of calm where world peace begins.


On the Fifth Day of Christmas

I pray for you wisdom, to choose wisely in every word and deed.


On the Sixth Day of Christmas

I pray for you patience in times of trouble.


On the Seventh Day of Christmas

I pray for you courage to face problems directly.


On the Eighth Day of Christmas

I pray for you compassion as you walk in the shoes of others.


On the Ninth Day of Christmas

I pray for you a willingness to work, for work turns dreams to reality.


On the Tenth Day of Christmas

I pray for you unwavering faith, for faith shapes hearts and minds, drawing us closer to the Source of Love.


On the Eleventh Day of Christmas

I pray for you a mind lit with hope, for hope determines our attitudes and our goals and creates our ideals.

On the Twelfth Day of Christmas
I pray for you a heart so full of love that everyday you want to give it away to those whose paths you cross.

No comments: