Friday, February 16, 2007

Friday Five: Tourist Edition

In the spirit of tourism:
1. What is one place you make sure to take out-of-town guests when they visit?
The beach, of course. Most of my friends are from the East Coast or Midwest and being able to stand in one place and see ocean and mountains at the same time is amazing! And then there are all the "strange people" that show up regularly in movies and tv shows. Yes, there really are buskers and roller skaters and strangely costumed folks at the beaches every day.

2. When visiting another city or town, do you try to cram as much in as possible, or take it slow and easy?
That kind of depends on how long I will be there, but I'm usually a slow and easy kind of tourist. My mindset is "If I don't get there this time, maybe I'll be back."

3. When traveling, where are we most likely to find you: strolling through a museum, checking out the local shopping, or _________________?
It's all about the shopping and the foods! Museums are on the list only when my hostess or The Husband insists. :-)

4. Do you like organized tours and/or carefully planned itineraries, or would you rather strike out and just see what happens?
How about 1/2 and 1/2? I like a "tour of the city" to get an idea of where I am, followed by wandering as I desire.

5. After an extended trip, what do you find yourself craving most about home?
My own bed and bathroom! No matter how nice the hotel (or friend's house) there really is no place like home.

No comments: